Friday, November 18, 2016

Dear Assailant-in-Chief, Letter #3


11/18/16

Dear Assailant-in-Chief,

I skipped a day.  Did you miss me?  Did you think I gave up already?  I drive an hour and a half each way to teach college.  I teach writing, critical thinking, and such things as supporting claims with evidence.  After working all day I went to a political meeting. So while I wasn't composing specific words aimed at you, you could say that my whole day was a repudiation of every damage you have already visited upon our Republic. 

Today I made some phone calls.  I expressed my distaste for your white supremacist appointees where it would do the most good.  I figured I would exercise all of my glorious First Amendment rights while I still have them.  Expect a lot more of that.

By the way, it is in no way President Obama or Hillary Clinton's job to tell the protesters to stand down.  It's now YOUR job to quell their fears by acting like a President should, and reassuring them that you aren't about to set the Constitution and our whole way of life on fire.  So far you aren't doing a very good job. My advice:  Kick Bannon to the curb.  Send your children home; if they are going to run your business interests, they should be nowhere near the White House.  Stop acting like a fascist in waiting, and maybe people would freak out a little less.

Yours sincerely,

Sara Amis
Citizen of these United States of America


From Dorine Jennette:

PLEASE JOIN ME IN WRITING THE ASSAILANT-IN-CHIEF
Please join me in bombarding the Assailant-in-Chief with letters: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/contact. I will write to him every day through his first 100 days in office, maybe longer if momentum holds. I am asking others to write just ONE letter. Let's not just vent our grief to each other--let's speak truth to power together. Please WRITE and please SHARE this plan with your friends. Pass it on!
You do not need to be a woman or an assault survivor to address the Assailant-in-Chief as such. If you are a man who has a daughter, a sister, a wife, a woman colleague or friend you respect, or a mother (hint: that last one is all of you!), then you have something to say to the Assailant-in-Chief. Your letter might be a brief one-liner. That's great! Please send it! Women need our allies now. Here's the link to DJT's contact page--this might take you one minute or less! https://www.donaldjtrump.com/contact
Or, maybe you will start a related project addressing any one of the many groups Trump has already harmed . . .
As we talk with each other, let's break the bubble and also send our complaints straight to the source. He won't read them and won't care if he does, so probably this is a placeholder action while we figure out what we're really going to do . . . but it's something.

Dorine's posts can be found here:  https://www.facebook.com/dorine.jennette

No comments:

Post a Comment